Coping with these stressful times
Gathering Our Parishes
Becoming the Eucharist We Celebrate - recorded Diocesan Check-In with Bishop Singh 8/6/2020
VIDEO - Returning to Worship in Church, The Episcopal Diocese of Rochester - (these are recommendations)
EDOR Gathering Guidelines Questionnaire
A Word from the Liturgy and Sacrament Committee - Becoming the Eucharist We Celebrate
Thriving in the COVID World Task Force Roster
VIDEO - Diocesan Check-In with Bishop Singh Zoom meeting 7/9/20 on regathering facilitated by Living in the COVID World Task Force
Diocesan Check-In with Bishop Singh on 6/25. the topic was Dealing with Stressful times. Watch video
While the endless and ever changing coronavirus news cycle might leave you feeling helpless, there are ways to successfully manage your anxiety. CPG has collaborated with Cigna to share strategies for staying informed, coping with stress, and finding emotional support if you need it.
- Normal reactions and recommended responses for coping
- Finding emotional support if you need it
- How your Employee Assistance Program can help
Play Webinar: Managing Anxiety - Coronavirus Fears & Concerns
Additional resources found on the page above:
Managing Anxiety - Cornavirus Fears & Concerns Presentation Slides
Coping with the Fear of Coronavirus
- New - Free PPP Forgiveness Tool/Calculator
- A link to information prepared by the American Bankers Association (ABA) related to a new shorter version for the forgiveness application form that SBA has issued.
The recently enacted Paycheck Protection Flexibility Act expands the opportunities for PPP loan forgiveness under the CARES Act
- Paycheck Protection Loans FAQ's
For users organizing public group meetings such as church services on video conferencing with Zoom, BBB strongly encourages hosts to review their settings and confirm that only they can share their screen. This will prevent any outside disruption from the main video feed on a public session. Use a unique ID for large or public Zoom calls. When you create a Zoom account, the app assigns users a Personal Meeting ID (PMI). When hosting a large Zoom call where members of the public are attending, it’s better to use a one-time code rather than a user’s PMI. If not, hijackers can use the PMI to try and jump in on your Zoom calls at any time.
- Simply Zoom
- Look good and sound great Zoom
- Facebook Live tips
- Livestream for smaill churches
- Livestream camera options
- Livestream for church
Complete safeguards from the Better Business Bureau for video conferencing
- Copyright resources - very important!!!
Livestreaming and U.S. Copyright
The church publishing company has given permission for a list of Easter Hymns free until June 1, but this may mean that you need to remove videos from websites and FB on June 1.
- Wireless microphone frequency changes from the FCC as of 2017 including churches
Links to services around the Diocese
(EDOR churches - send in your online link if you want to share!)
- Washington National Cathedral https://cathedral.org/worship/
As the Cathedral remains closed due to the coronavirus outbreak, we invite you to join our online services:
Morning Service of Prayer
Sunday Online Holy Eucharist (webcast live at 11:15 am EDT)
Pastoral Care Guidelines for this season from Bishop Singh
(with advice from our Diocesan Pastoral Crisis Response Resource team)
- Share your church contact list discretely with vestry members.
- Vestries - divide membership list into clusters for periodic pastoral check-ins via telephone or video platform (facetime, Zoom, etc.) beginning with those who are alone or isolated. Make sure you keep your priest informed of sensitive situations. Sending a card or text will brighten someone’s day.
- Video conferencing: Speak slowly, clearly and with added expression. Make eye contact with the camera.
- Visiting the sick and the dying in hospitals and homes: Do not visit! Use phone, FaceTime, or another video option to contact them and loved ones. Follow the same protocol for home visits.
- Deacon Sue Ouelette (815-751-0251 or email@example.com) serves as Chaplain at Strong Memorial Hospital. She would be willing to visit your parishioner as able and even help you video chat with them when possible. Kindly contact Sue in your local hospital for such pastoral assistance.
- Funerals, Burials and Weddings: Postpone all gatherings. Feel free to call Bishop Singh to discern exceptional situations. Memorial services may be scheduled on a later date.
Diocesan Staff is working from their homes and are available and ready to assist.
Contact Steve Richards via email for assistance in setting up online worship