Prayers and Petitions
- For the restored health of Rev. Phil Schaefer
- For the repose of the soul of Abner McKee, beloved father of Bill McKee, and comfort for his family as they mourn
- For the respose of the soul of Claudia Uffman (spouse of the Rev. Craig Uffman), the Rev. Tom McCart, and Todd Wood (son-in-law of the Rev. Charles and Joan Grover)
- For Heather Walker, daughter of the Rev. Paul Walker
- For people in places impacted by visible and invisible violence
- For those negatively impacted by rising water levels, especially in our region
- For all who are in discernment
- For Cindy, who is recovering from surgery
- For Mavis Ennis, mother-in-law of the Rev. Ginny Mazzarella
- For Rhonda Rogers, formerly of Christ Church, Rochester, who is in discernment for Holy Orders in the Diocese of Texas
- For the human family
- For First Responders and those serving in the Armed Forces and their loved ones
- For all who have transitioned from Zion House in Avon
- For the Rev. Lynne McNulty
Parishes in Transition
- St. James', Watkins Glen
- St. John's, Catharine
- St. Mark's, Newark; St. John’s, Sodus; and Christ Church, Sodus Point
Almighty God, giver of every good gift: Look graciously on your Church, and so guide the minds of those who shall choose priests for these parishes, that they may receive a faithful pastor, who will care for your people and equip them for their ministries; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayers for Peace in the World
- For the people of Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel, Nigeria, Palestine, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Yemen, and all places affected by violence.
- For the release of kidnapped girls in Nigeria; for the many who, after three years, have not been seen or heard from. We give thanks to the 82 released to the Nigerian government on May 5, the second large group to be freed since their 2014 kidnapping.
Compassionate God and Father of all, we are horrified at violence in so many parts of the world. It seems that none are safe, and some are terrified. Hold back the hands that kill and maim; turn around the hearts that hate. Grant instead your strong Spirit of Peace - peace that passes our understanding but changes lives, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- For a substantive visit and safe return of pilgrims visiting the Holy Land
- For continued healing for the Rev. Dennie Bennett
- For Deborah Lattime, mother of Bishop Mark Lattime, who is recovering from shoulder surgery