District & Diocesan Deans of the Diocese
Download 2022 District Chart
Monroe County except for the City of Rochester including Caledonia
Dean: The Very Rev. Ken Pepin
Warden: Ms. Linda Ketchum-Pompilli
(The Very Rev. Ken Pepin, St. Luke's Fairport)
Ontario and Wayne Counties
Dean: The Very Rev. Gretchen Ratterree
Warden: The Rev. Michael Laver
(The Very Rev. Gretchen Ratterree, St. Marks's Newark)
The City of Rochester
CO-Deans: The Very Rev. Ruth Ferguson & The Very Rev. Leslie Burkardt
Warden: Mr. Peter Barker
(The Very Rev. Ruth Ferguson, Christ Church Rochester and The Very Rev. Leslie Burkardt, St. Thomas Rochester)
Schuyler, Steuben, and Yates Counties, except for Hornell
Dean: The Very Rev. Troy Preston
Warden: Ms. Mary Lou Hunt-Quintal
(The Very Rev. Troy Preston, Christ Church Corning)
Allegany and Livingston Counties, plus Hornell
Dean: The Very Rev. Ginny Mazzarella
Warden: Mr. Robert Walker
(The Very Rev. Ginny Mazzarella, Zion Avon)
Office for Children and Youth Diocesan Events
Contacts: Rev. Keisha Stokes and Rev. Gretchen Ratterree
Who should contact the Office of Discernment?
- Those who are feeling called to explore diaconal or priestly ministry or a calling to religious life in the real world as lay saints.
- Rectors who are needing to set up a parish-based discernment team.
- Those who would like to be involved in the ministry of discernment in our diocese such as serving on the Commission on Ministry, as Diocesan Catalysts, and Circles of Support.
Rev. Deborah Duguid-May, Office of Discernment
Who should contact the Office for Transitions?
- Search chairs and Wardens of churches in transition
- Anyone who knows of innovative clergy who may be interested in coming to the Diocese of Rochester
- Clergy considering a change of cure or retirement: contact the Bishop
- Ordination candidates: contact the Dean for Discernment and Bishop
Rev. Virginia Tyler Smith, Office for Transitions
- Canonically resident retired clergy, their spouses, partners, or children who find themselves in need of chaplain services.
Rev. Johnnie E. Ross, Chaplain
Resources for Churches, Small Towns and Rural Communities