District & Diocesan Deans of the Diocese
Monroe County except for the City of Rochester including Caledonia
Dean: The Very Rev. Ken Pepin
Warden: Ms. Linda Ketchum-Pompilli
(The Very Rev. Ken Pepin, St. Luke's Fairport)
(The Very Rev. Gretchen Ratterree, St. Marks's Newark)
(The Very Rev. Ruth Ferguson, Christ Church Rochester and The Very Rev. Leslie Burkardt, St. Thomas Rochester)
(The Very Rev. Troy Preston, Christ Church Corning)
(The Very Rev. Ginny Mazzarella, Zion Avon)
Diocesan Dean white paper: forward movement after annual design examination—December 2020 HERE
Zoom meeting with Bishop Singh, District Deans, and vestry members reviewing leadership model 2021
Who should contact the Dean for Discernment?
- Those who are feeling called to explore diaconal or priestly ministry or a calling to religious life in the real world as lay saints.
- Rectors who are needing to set up a parish-based discernment team.
- Those who would like to be involved in the ministry of discernment in our diocese such as serving on the Commission on Ministry, as Diocesan Catalysts, and Circles of Support.
Dean Deborah Duguid-May, Diocesan Dean for Discernment
Who should contact the Dean for Liturgy and Formation?
- Any who seek to lead, collaborate or share best practices on Children, Youth and Young Adults ministry at a Diocesan level.
- Churches seeking to initiate a program for or better understand ministry with and to children, youth and young adults.
- All who seek assistance designing liturgical opportunities or liturgy server programs that extend beyond the ordinary offerings of a local parish.
Dean Deborah Duguid-May
Dean Virginia Tyler Smith
Who should contact the Dean for Transitions?
- Search chairs and Wardens of churches in transition
- Anyone who knows of innovative clergy who may be interested in coming to the Diocese of Rochester
- Clergy considering a change of cure or retirement: contact the Bishop
- Ordination candidates: contact the Dean for Discernment and Bishop
Dean Virginia Tyler Smith, Diocesan Dean for Transitions
Who should contact the Dean for Small Church and Pastoral Development?
- Leaders from Churches in small towns and rural communities whose congregation:
- - struggles with conflict, emotional stress, grief, or low morale
- - is interested in strategic planning for sustainability of ministry in their community
- Canonically resident retired clergy, their spouses, partners, or children who find themselves in need of chaplain services.
Dean Johnnie E. Ross
Diocesan Dean for Churches in small towns and rural communities, & Pastoral Development