Prayer for those who passed away
- Mrs. Pat Duncan, mother of Rt. Rev. DeDe Duncan-Probe, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Central New York
Prayers and Petitions
For wisdom among world leaders to resolve the threat of nuclear war
For a deep conviction and consistent peaceful actions among us to safeguard the freedoms our forebears fought and achieved to build a more perfect union
For all mission trips
- For people in places impacted by visible and invisible violence
- For those negatively impacted by rising water levels due to the overabundance of rain in our region
- For all who are in discernment in response to God's call to serve
For all lay people who are in discernment and leadership of ministries
For all who are in discernment for Holy Orders
For persons who are LGBTQ
For the human family
For First Responders and those serving in the Armed Forces and their loved ones
Parishes in Transition
- Incarnation, Penfield
- St. Peter's, Henrietta
- St. John's, Clifton Springs
Almighty God, giver of every good gift: Look graciously on your Church, and so guide the minds of those who shall choose priests for these parishes, that they may receive a faithful pastor, who will care for your people and equip them for their ministries; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
Prayers for Peace in the World
- For the people of Guam, North Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel, Nigeria, Palestine, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Yemen, and all places affected by violence.
Compassionate God and Father of all, we are horrified at violence in so many parts of the world. It seems that none are safe, and some are terrified. Hold back the hands that kill and maim; turn around the hearts that hate. Grant instead your strong Spirit of Peace - peace that passes our understanding but changes lives, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- For the freedom to worship and practice various faiths