Greetings! I hope you are taking care of yourself, especially during these times of stress, anxiety and general malaise accentuated by the economic depression around us.
I would like to bring to your attention the following special opportunities to strengthen our bonds of affection, which is a meaningful thing to do during this time.
- February 14, Carol Stewart will be Ordained to the Transitional Deaconate at 2 PM at St. John’s in Wellsville, Allegany County. As you know, I do expect all clergy to make every effort to support Carol with your prayers and presence. Red stoles; robing will commence at 1:15 PM. This would also be a wonderful opportunity for saints from the contiguous Rochester area to build bridges with saints of the Southern Tier. Car pooling encouraged. Just SHOW UP; no RSVP necessary.
- March 21, clergy partners and spouses meet for a day-retreat from 10AM to 4PM at the Notre Dame Retreat House in Canandaigua. Invitations are in the mail. Please RSVP firstname.lastname@example.org or 607-346-2551.
- May 19, all clergy of the diocese are invited to a day-retreat at the Abby of the Genesee, Piffard, NY, from 9AM to 4PM. Brother Jerome will be our retreat leader. We will also make time to renew our Ordination vows and celebrate the Eucharist together. The Rev. Winifred Collin and the Rev. Jennifer Zogg will be our preachers at this liturgy. We will have oils of chrism and healing available for you to bring back with you. Please note that we will NOT meet on Holy Tuesday this year. Please RSVP Elina@rochesterepiscopaldiocese.com or 585-241-4587.
- June 2, Roja and I would like to have all retired clergy along with spouses and partners come for lunch, at Noon, at our home: 4 Cathedral Oaks in Fairport, NY 14450. Please RSVP CarolynM@rochesterepiscopaldiocese.com or 585-473-0903.
- Remember the words of Jesus in John 15:16, “you did not choose me, I chose you.”
Have a Holy Lent, an engaging Holy Week and a Blessed Easter!
Your servant in Christ,
VIII Bishop of Rochester, NY