Youth at General Convention
Are you an Episcopal youth, or know one who would like to learn about the governance of the church while providing a needed service? Then consider the Episcopal Youth Presence at General Convention 2012.
Eighteen positions, representing two from each Province of the Episcopal Church, are opened to youth to participate in the 77th General Convention, scheduled for July 2012 in Indianapolis, Indiana July 5 to July 12. Click here for more information. Interested youth may apply or be nominated by an adult. To be eligible for one of the 18 positions, the youth must:
- be an Episcopalian active in his/her faith community
- be at least 16 years old but not more than 19 years old at the time of General Convention in July 2012
- be enrolled in high school during the 2011/2012 academic year
- have permission to travel to and from the meetings and General Convention on his/her own
- be able to attend training from April 12 to April 15 in Indianapolis
- be able to be present at General Convention 2012 in Indianapolis from Thursday, July 5 to Thursday, July 12
Travel, lodging and meal expenses are covered. Click here for application form.Click here for nomination form. For more information contact Bronwyn Clark Skov, subject=Episcopal Youth Presence at 2012 GC.