Live webcast on Wednesday addresses General Convention 2009
Presiding Officers, others will field questions from audience, online
Access webcast at http://www.episcopalchurch.org
[May 11, 2009] General Convention 2009 of the Episcopal Church will be the topic of a live webcast on Wednesday, May 13 at 8 am Pacific (9 am Mountain, 10 am Central, 11 am Eastern).
* General Convention 2009 (GC09) will be held July 8 - 17 at the Anaheim Convention Center in California.
* The webcast will originate from Anaheim, the site of this year\'s General Convention.
* Participants in the live webcast will be: Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church, the Most Rev. Katharine Jefferts Schori; President of the House of Deputies Bonnie Anderson; Executive Officer and Secretary of the General Convention, the Rev. Dr. Gregory Straub; and Bishop J. Jon Bruno of the Diocese of Los Angeles, the host diocese.
* Questions will be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
* To access the live webcast, go to the Episcopal Church home page: www.episcopalchurch.org
The Episcopal Church\'s General Convention, held every three years, is the bicameral governing body of the church. General Convention, the second largest legislative body in the world, is comprised of the House of Bishops, with upwards of 200 members, and the House of Deputies, with clergy and lay representatives from the 110 dioceses, at over 700 members.
For more information: General Convention: www.episcopalchurch.org/gc2009.htm